Friday, July 10, 2009

Change of Plans

Well as many of you know I didn't really make any firm plans except for Paris.

I tried to get a reservation to Portugal but apparently with the Tour de France and it being the French holiday season there were NO ticket reservations for Euro rail pass holders out of Paris for at least a week. So I asked the agent where I could go and I have a ticket on Sunday to Milan. Good thing I am flexible...lol. Still don't know where I am going to stay but I shall figure it out.

I had to change hotels today because of the extention in Paris but I have found a room in the same hotel as Shelly and her brother Shane for the next two nights. They are leaving tomorrow and they are traveling to Bordeaux tomorrow, but I am going to try to meet up with them again in Barcelona in 10 days.

Last night us Canadians (as a celebration of our last night in Paris together - most were leaving today) went on a night bike tour of the city that finished up with a cruise along the Sein. Our guide even provided wine for the cruise. We had such a blast. Of course Rachael falling off her seat added to the laughter. Oh, and then there was Shelly who couldn't stop cackling (seriously that is what it is). What a wonderful way to end Paris.

I have decided that the BEST way to see a city is on bicycle. At first I was intimidated by the traffic in Paris but no more. I love it. Cycling to Uvic will seem like such a breeze now..lol.

Tonight Shane, Shelly and I are hoping to Picnic on the Sein in the Latin Quarter. They have live music and dancing along the river front where all the locals congregate. We will just ingratiate ourselves *smile*.

I haven't been able to post pictures because this internet cafe doesn't have the ability to download them. Hopefully where I stay in Milan will have that ability. I have so many great pictures.

Ok...time to see if I can get in my new hotel and explore a bit more. Or perhaps a croissant and an expresso is in order.

Till later

jan:)

2 comments:

  1. have a good trip to milan and watch out the italian men ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I will take your advice but I have managed the French Men so I am sure I can ward off the Italians too...lol

    ReplyDelete