Thursday, July 2, 2009

Last Day in Munich

Well another day in Munich. My last. I have mastered the underground and I must say I have loved my travels here. Today I wandered the wonderful outdoor market and had snitzel on one of their many outdoor cafe's. Do you know that Munich has the most in all of Europe? Although i think they call them Beirgärtens...lol. But not to be culturally outdone, I visited the residence (the palace in some lands) and the outer gardens and then splurged and took a rickshaw through the English Gardens. Do you know that they are larger than any outdoor free park in North America? I also visited the famous Maximillion Stree where all of the famous designers have their stores. I can't believe people pay two thousand dollars for a dress...or more. It was fun and i enjoyed watching the designers leave their stores in the evening....ah european couture!

Tomorrow I am going to Neuschwanstein. As King Ludwig II said. "I intend to rebuild the old castle ruins of Hohenschwangau by the Pollat Gorge in the genuine style of the old German Knightly fortresses........the spot is one of the most beautiful that one could ever find. " This castle is the setting for Sleeping Beauty. Of course Ludwig was said to be MAD as well. The castle is set in the Swiss Alps so I am sure the hike will be magnificant.

Tomorrow night I take the night train to Paris to meet up with the group. I have never taken a night train (and I wouldn't pay the 100 euros for a private room so it will be interesting the strangers I will sleep with tomorrow night). I am sure I will fall in love with Paris too!

No comments:

Post a Comment