Saturday, July 11, 2009

Last day in Paris

Well the time has come to say goodbye to my Paris. I have met so many wonderful people and had such a wonderful time. I will be especially sad to say goodbye to my internet shop man. He has been wonderful and I have enjoyed my daily chats with him in my very broken french. He was laughing at me this morning when I told him that I didn't speak any Italian and I was on my way to Italy. Then he laughed harder when I told him I know no German and I survived Munich. He thinks I am crazy...lol...traveling by myself and knowing none of the language. I am going to buy an Italian phrase book at the train station though and try to learn some Italian in 7 hours or less.

Last night was fabulous. Shane, Shelly and I went to the Carnival and I rode the Log Ride and then we did the bumper cars. We finished off the day with an evening stroll along the Sein. They have left for Western France this morning and we hope to meet up again in 10 days in Barcelona. So I am on my own for a long stretch this time but I am looking forward to it.

Tonight to celebrate my last night I will go vistit the Latin Quarter along the Sein. They have live music along the Sein. One section does Ballroom, another swing, and yet another Line Dancing. We saw it the other night on our river cruise so it seems like a lovely way to end Paris. A picnic on the water and breathing in the culture.

Well I must go spend my last afternoon in Monmartre...

till later

jan:)

1 comment:

  1. I love the "quartier latin" - good choice! hope you had a fabulous last night in paris. can´t wait to read about your first impressions of italy...

    ReplyDelete