Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Leaving Rome and so sad

Well tomorrow morning i will leave this wonderfull city. I have loved my time here...particularly my evenings. Rome is indeed a romantic city. The cobbled streets and the outdoor cafe's. I have seen the sights but I truley experienced Rome in the evenings.

Last night a friend of the hotel owner where i am staying took me on a tour of the inner city at night. We didn't get home till 3 am and yet I still didn't feel tired. The river, the Vatican, the Colosseum, the Palintino, the Trevi fountain...ah, I experienced it best. By moonlight and a summer breeze. I climbed the Spanish steps, had chianti on an outdoor patio...listened to music and finished the evening with gelato walking the cobblestones. It will indeed be sad to leave.

Tomorrow to Florence...goodbye Rome

j:)

1 comment: