Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Scorching Rome

It is 35° today and I think I may have suffered a tich of heat stroke. However, I toured the Colesseum and also the Palatino (the place where Rome was born in 700 BC - aprox...lol. It was pretty magnificant even if it was a scorcher. Tomorrow I am going to go to the Vatican. I love Rome. The alley ways are alive with cafe's and shops into the wee hours. I had a lovely Pasta dinner with some Chianti last night while listening to live music.

It is funny the reaction that I am garnering while traveling alone though. Last night at dinner I was sitting beside a couple who were from Napa Valley and they began a conversation with me because they were curious as to why I was sitting alone. When I explained that I was travelling through Europe alone they were amazed. The wife thought I was very "courageous"...lol. And then this morning I was chatting to my English tour guide (late 20's i would guess) and he was astounded I was alone...lol. He then said that he had once decided to visit Venice alone and he said it was awful. All these people walking hand in hand - he said he felt like he was on a dinner date alone. Of course then I just thought about last night...lol.

However, I have met so many people from all over the world and I might not have done that if I was with others so I am still enjoying my experience *smile*.

well it is late and the streets are calling me. Till tomorrow.

jan :)

2 comments:

  1. you are courageous - but europe was very brave too the last two weeks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are scared of me but seem to be coping well...lol. But I am kind and I tip well....smile.

    ReplyDelete